Sunday, March 1, 2009

Here We Go

I think I'm going to start doing this for real now. As you can see from my first post, I started this blog with the intention of preaching mostly. But, I feel that would not make for a very good blog. Who wants to read something where I'm just telling people what to do all the time? Yeah, I thought so... But perhaps it would be better if I demonstrate this by example...

Whatever it is, I think the big reason I'm doing this is because the past six months or so, while challenging, have been some of the happiest I have had, and I really want to chronicle this. Heaven forbid, should I not be able to keep this up, living as I wish, and enjoying myself as much as possible, I can look back and maybe rediscover whatever the secret has been to living to happily.

Of course, as I have said before, I often "write" things in my head, having somewhat of an internal monologue, interspersed with random daydreams:



I find myself being able to relate to JD more and more lately. While it may be good to analyze things and be introspective from time to time, when it dominates your thoughts and keeps you from paying attention in class and sleeping at night, I would say it has gone too far. Thus, this blog should be a good way to put my thoughts on paper, or, uh, whatever you want to call it.

I imagine it will still be primarily bike related, with quite a bit of food-related material included, especially on weekends when I actually have time to cook. Maybe that will provide interesting material for those who are not obsessed with bikes...

So, as they say, please pardon our dust, as I get the kinks worked out and figure out what I want to do here, and if nothing else, I will be able to look back years from now and remember the good times.

No comments: